Monday, March 23, 2015

My happiness is you

It is strange how simple things could make your day. All the twists and turns that we take throughout the course of our lives, we just aim for #happiness and love. Our lives revolve around our loved ones. As I sat on my porch one beautiful evening this thought kept on crossing my mind. I sat there watching the birds fly back. Everyone together in complete sync. The sky kept changing its colors. It turned from blue to really, to a beautiful orange. I kept o staring at the changing hues. The cloud changed their forms. It was as if I was trying to look for a face. It appeared as if I was meditating. Multiple planes passed by as I looked at the sky. Where were these people coming from? The chirping of birds, the rattling of leaves- everything was music to my ears.

The doorbell rang…trrrriiing! I ran downstairs bare foot. Who was sit? I already knew the answer...smiles. It was someone that I had been waiting for long. My husband came back from work. As he entered I felt alive again. I felt happy. It was a daily routine but today was different. In spite of being married for a fairly, long time now, the way he looked at me, his smile still made me blush. It was the #happiness that he had filled in my aimless life. The vacant space was now filled with his love.
I made his favorite tea and led him to the verandah. We sat there without speaking a word. Just looked at each other. My soul danced to the music of his breath. We exchanged some of our day’s events, drank tea and relaxed. He continued with his newspaper and I with my newly bought book.
 
Suddenly we decided to go for a drive. We had no idea of where we were headed to. We packed some basic stuff quickly, put on our shoes and started off on a journey. We drove and drove. We drove away from the madness and the crazy city madness. Since I had met him, he had surprised me n  number of times but it was his spontaneity and unplanned moves that had made me fall in love with him every single day. With loud music, him by my side, laughter and giggles I felt as if time had stopped. He was the one who had made me happy all these years. He was the one who had brought all the joys back in my life. I wanted to say so much. I wanted to tell him what he was for me. However, I was too overwhelmed to speak. I saw a tear slowly sneak out of my eye. I wiped it briskly. This tear was the symbol of happiness that he always brings along like my secret Santa. My happiness is you “dear hubby”.

No comments:

Post a Comment